Friday, March 7, 2014

Baby number 6

 This pregnancy has been more fun with the kids. They are more aware of things especially when I don't feel good. They are very excited and curious about the baby. The kids love to see videos about the baby growing.

I went in for an ultra sound 3 weeks ago and everything looked good. Seeing pictures and hearing the heartbeat makes things seem more real. Granted I have had 5 pregnancy and each one is similar in ways but it always amazes me how something can grow inside of me. At first the boys would say "mom your tummy is getting big". I knew they didn't mean to hurt and I tried to help them see that it could hurt some one's feelings so I told them if they said "the baby is getting bigger" it would make me feel better. I have tried to embrace this and teach my children how wonderful it is. Just the other day Kaden said "mom, the baby is growing bigger". I smiled and said "yes, it's so wonderful my body can grow a baby". Kaden responded "yeah, but dad helped". This has been a great way to show that kids having a baby is fun. Yes there are many moments that I hurt and need to lay down or take a nap but it's also not permanent.
Here is a picture of me 3 weeks ago when I was 21 weeks. Elsie was happy to take my picture.
Elsie just happened to be sick along with Rylan the day I had my ultrasound appointment. I had planned to have grandpa Wilcox to watch the 2 boys but ended up bringing more kids. Thankfully Arn didn't mind. I asked Elsie if she wanted to come but wasn't allowed to touch anything. She wasn't sure at first but when she heard dad was coming she wanted to go. At the beginning of the appointment we told the nurse we didn't want to find out the sex but even with that Mike was paying close attention to see if he could see anything. The nurse was really nice, explained things, and answered any questions we had. Elsie really liked seeing the baby and loved seeing the baby move when the nurse poked me. After we were done Mike asked the nurse if she knew what the sex was. Whether she knew or not she said no and didn't even look in the area. So this little baby is still a surprise to us. Mike is hanging in there.

 I have now passed the halfway point and am counting down. This is me at 25 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment