Monday, July 29, 2013

Reunions

Here is the greatest trainer ever!  My mission companion from Toronto, Christine. Ever since our mission, we have seen each other almost every year.  Our children are very close in age and the beauty of all this is she has 4 boys and 1 girl like me.
 
We haven't been taking many pictures over the years and I wish I had.  I still can't believe we have a group of kids this big.

Silly kids.  Elsie didn't want to be included in the goofy picture.  They all had a lot of fun.  I think Elsie forgot she was a girl that afternoon.  I guess that's what I get for having so many boys.

Christine amazes me everytime I see her and the kids.  She is an amazing women who never gives up and stays on the path.  She has traveled places I never imagined all to follow her husband and support him.  She has raised her kids in these foreign places and still has a smile on her face.  I just love this woman and am so glad to have learned so much from her on my mission and still stay in contact with her. 

I remember the first night I got in the mission field.  Christine and the other sisters prepared a special drink just for me.  I was skeptical but went a long with it hoping I wouldn't die from it.  Well, I knew something was up when the sisters got their cameras ready.  They gave me a drink from South America called "matte".  Oh my goodness, it was gross.  Tasted a little like grass but worse.  After that I grew to like it.  I learned the latinos put sugar in it and that tasted so much better, but i still couldn't drink it hot like the latinos.  Christine taught me so much spanish.  She would talk to me in Spanish all the time and make me do the same.  What a great leader she was.  I love you Christine.

No comments:

Post a Comment