Monday, October 14, 2013

What beauty there is!

Last week we took a drive up Millcreek canyon and roasted hot dogs. Mike was a good sport, he came home from work and put everything we needed together.  It was a long day for him. We were able to leave right after the big kids got home from school. It was a nice day but overcast. The kids did their homework in the truck on the drive.
We found a quiet spot where no one else was. The kids loved climbing up the side of the mountain. Even Camden was one  the big kids too. I was in love with nature. I could not get enough of all the pretty colors the Lord has blessed us with. It was so beautiful I didn't want to leave.
Can you believe this young man will be eight years old soon! He is an amazing boy. Part of me doesn't want him to grow up but then I would be denying him all our Heavenly Father has in store for him. I am trying to enjoy these moments with my children because the years are flying by. (FYI we are planning on having Kaden's baptism Nov 30 @ 12:30 for anyone that wants to plan for and come.  We would love to celebrate this special day with you.)
Here are the boys stopping to let me take a picture.  I was very camera happy that afternoon taking in all the beauty.
We went on a little walk to see where a path led to. It came to a dead end at the creek. Elliot found a snake stick to carry around. I took a picture because I told him we weren't taking it home.
This is our picnic spot. Mike had a hard time keeping the fire lit at first. It was a good thing we had enough matches.  We were able to roast hot dogs, pizza pockets, banana boats, and marshmallow's.

Having a great time!


We have never made banana boats before and they were a hit with some of the kids. 



This is what Rylan was collecting. He collected a cupful of leaves to take to school for show and tell. He ended up giving them to a friend.
We left the mountains dirty, cold, and very happy.  It was a great FHE activity that I hope we can do again soon before the snow comes.  I am so thankful for what the Lord has created for us.  We are so very blessed.  And to think this beauty is nothing compared to beauty of the human body.  
Happy Autumn everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment