Friday, July 18, 2014

Reyen at 2 weeks

In Reyen's 2nd week of life, she has been loved so much. She is very alert in the mornings and evenings. She went in for her 2 week checkup and she was still little. When she left the hospital Reyen weighed 6 lbs 5 oz and 2 weeks later weighed in at 6 lbs 7 1/2 oz. Not much weight gain. We are supplementing but that isn't going well and she is taking a bottle now. I was very sad at first but know that she is getting the nourishment she needs.
Brothers love to read with Reyen and give her kisses whenever they see her.


This little girl has brought a special spirit to our family. Such a precious thing we have been blessed with and I am torn between feelings of joy and frustration. Can that be felt at the same time? So happy to have this addition to our family and worn out by all that is required of me as a mother. I wonder if I have what it takes when my little one cries and can't settle down and that in turn leaves me sleepless, tired and emotional. What did I sign up for? As the scripures say, "this too shall pass". I know the Lord has blessed us with little Reyen for a good reason and I am learning how to be a mother to another child again. They say no two kids are alike and that is so true. We are both learning new things each day.


Reyen holding Elsie's hand. I pray these two sisters will be close as they grow older.

No comments:

Post a Comment