Monday, October 6, 2014

Reyen's name & blessing

On September 28, 2014 Reyen was given a name and a blessing. She looked so beautiful in her white dress Aunt Mary made for her. It fit perfectly. Mike asked his dad to bless Reyen and grandpa did a wonderful job. I am so grateful for the priesthood and the blessings that come from it. The only thing grandpa Wilcox requested was a name tag for Reyen so he wouldn't forget how to pronounce her name. 
We met Aunt Mary at the church to put Reyen's dress on. While we were waiting Reyen pooped so we had to take care of that first. Grandpa gave Reyen a beautiful blessing. She was blessed with health and strength in body and mind and to develop properly. Reyen was blessed to be a peacemaker in her home and an example to her brothers and sister. I have noticed this already. I took a picture of what Mary recorded for me so Reyen can have it to look back on. 
Reyen did great through the whole blessing. I didn't hear a peep out of her. After the blessing Reyen was really tired. She started falling asleep in my arms but Aunts wanted to hold her so she got passed around while sleeping. Uncle Brent even got roped into holding her until she started fussing for him.
                  
It's hard to believe this bundle of joy is 3 months old. I think 3 months is the magic number. Reyen is sleeping better and is so happy. She has started laughing now and it melts my heart. She is also very ticklish. There were so many pictures I didn't want to leave any out.




Reyen was very tired. She slept a little at church but I think she sensed it was her day so she tried to stay awake. She was surprisingly really happy for being so tired. I even got smiles out of her. Mary took a ton of pictures for me so some of these are thanks to her.





This little girl loves to have blankets cover her face. She thought this pretty dress was just perfect to pull over her face.







Reyen had a lot of family visit on her special day. 
The weather had been real crumby the last few days and the forecast called for rain in the morning. We got the house all ready for company but by the time we got home the sun was shining and the weather was perfect. It's been really nice having Kathy and Arn's tables and chairs at our place this year. I now Kathy is eager to have them back when her house is done.


Fun with Cousins


Uncle Keith was terrified of holding Reyen. He isn't use to handling little ones but Alyssa finally got him to hold her. Reyen was the perfect baby for him. She slept the whole time.



Cousin Kalissa couldn't get enough of little Reyen.

Thank you Aunt Mary for making Reyen such a beautiful blessing dress, writing everything down and for all the photos. You are amazing.


 Family picture! Yes, I know the boys are not dressed nice but we are together and that's all that really matters. We haven't had a family picture since Reyen was born and that was in the hospital. The boys like to change right after church and by the time I had gotten home some were already in other clothes. I would have never dreamed I'd have such a family. I am so grateful the Lord has blessed me beyond my wildest dreams. This is what I get to do every day-Be the wife of the greatest, sweetest man I know and a mother to these crazy, awesome kids.
I finally got a video of Reyen talking. Her favorite time to talk is when she is getting ready to sleep and she has me all to herself.

Bloopers
Slobber all over her face
Slobber about to hit the blanket. Are we done yet mom?

No comments:

Post a Comment