Saturday, June 20, 2015

Mother's Day


My one request on Mother's Day was to have a picture taken with all my kids. It was quite the ordeal but we did it. Mother's day is not always my favorite day because I notice all my faults. I have tried over the last few years to think more about how lucky and blessed I am to be the mother of these children. Oh, how I love these kids. Each one is so unique and talented. I am learning right along with them. I know motherhood is amazing and wonderful and I would not want anyone else to raise my children. With all the wonderful things of being a mother it is also a very difficult task to learn and truly enjoy. I am learning to take one day at a time and with all the running around remember to hug and kiss these awesome kids. It may be playing peek a boo with Reyen, cuddling with Camden, tickling and smiling at Elliot, reading to Rylan, drawing and listening to Kaden, and talking to Elsie. All those things don't cost me  a dime and I have found that they thrive more on that than anything else I could give them. It is hard, but oh so worth it. Being a little spontaneous helps us have more fun like getting takeout and eating dinner at a water park, deciding to go on a walk by the river and have family night, or deciding right then to go on a bike ride. I like a schedule and love to have my kids follow it. But adding in a little fun makes life more fun. I hope my kids remember how much mom and dad love them because they taught them how to work, play and serve.







No comments:

Post a Comment