Friday, June 19, 2015

Random things

 This little guy didn't want to get clothes on but wanted to be warm. He found the perfect spot. It took me a lot of coaxing to get this boy to get some clothes on. He is my only one that goes around in his underwear.




At the end of March Mike surprised me with a brand new bike. It is really light and rides nice. He also got himself a bike too. This is actually a picture of his bike. Now the whole family can go on bike rides, that is is no tires have flats. We have gone on a few rides and I love it. I love riding it to school to pick Elliot up. It is so much faster than walking.


Mike makes the yummiest food. All the kids love the food he makes. I do too. For some reason everything he makes takes much better than mine.


 We got our first dents in the car in April. I was driving to the school to drop off Kaden's lunch for him when some kids decided to throw rocks at my car. I saw them playing and when I turned the corner 2 objects hit my car. I immediately stopped and confronted the 3 boys. The recess aid had them got to the office and I met them there to talk to the substitute principal. One boy kept saying sorry and the other 2 were crying. One became angry and upset. They were told to apologize. The explanation I got to the question "why where you throwing rocks?" was "I thought I could throw it over your car". When I got home Mike was not happy and returned to the school and told the principal to call the parents. The following week two of the boys came and did some work for me around the yard. I can totally see one of my boys goofing off like that and feel for the parents. While trying not to get upset and think of a good consequence Mike asked me to think what I would want my boys to do if they were in trouble. I immediately thought they should have to work. I am so glad some of the parents let their kids learn and grow from this experience and hope my boys learned a good lesson from them. Rocks hurt!



No comments:

Post a Comment