Monday, August 26, 2013

Trip to Idaho

In July Elsie, Kaden, Elliot, Spinney, and I made a trip up to Idaho to see Aunt LeDawn, Uncle Adam, and little Greyson.  Cousin Julienne was having a reception and Spinney offered to take me and a few kids.  I was very hesitant at first because I had a lot to do and it was only going to be a day trip.  Mike came home one day and said he asked for Friday off so we could go up early.  I couldn't pass on that offer from Mike especially since LeDawn wanted me to come.  My next dilemma was deciding how many children to take and which ones.  I asked Mike's sister, Mary if Elsie could stay a few days in Rexburg with them.  Mary was happy to and Elsie was excited to spend many days with all girls.  Since my parents were visiting LeDawn and coming down the next week Kaden was invited to stay extra time with them.  We went up Friday morning and came home Saturday night with only Elliot. 
\
The kids got to play in Greyson's little pool. Kaden decided he was too big for it.


We made homemade pizza that tasted wonderful.  Elsie and Elliot knew how to do it all.  At least that's what they said.

Kaden was so excited to see grandpa and play with Greyson.

We went shooting Saturday and Kaden got to shoot guns.  I was more scared than he was.  I have never seen him use a real gun before and to ease my mind I asked for total supervision.  Adam was great with Kaden.  He was right there teaching him what to do and was very patient.  Thanks so much Adam,  Kaden loved every minute of it.
Elliot hung back and made himself a pretend fire.  He was content to just to watch and so was I.

On our way home we stopped by a dairy farm and got some ice cream.  We got little cones and it was a good thing because the little cones had lots of ice cream.  They had some animals we could pet.  I really wished I had brought Camden after that.  He loves cows and horses.
I tried to get a picture of the cow's faces for Camden but this was the best I could get.
We drove by the Idaho temple for a few minutes and saw the pretty river.

We brought Greyson his birthday present early and were so excited to see him open it.  It was fun playing with him and seeing him get so big.  He'll be running around with cousins soon.

1 comment: