Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Dates with the kids

In the past I have tried to do dates with the kids and it has never gone well.  I always forget or we don't make time to do it.  So I have been working at it and with the sticker charts the kids have they are earning dates.  It is working because we are actually doing it.  Kaden got to pick what we did, okayed by me.  He was so happy.  One Saturday morning we headed out and picked up donuts and chocolate milk.  We headed over to the Riverton pond and fished.  My dad retaught me the fishing basics.  I have forgotten a lot over the last 12 years.  Dad also taught me how to gut a fish.  I don't want to do it but if I want my boys to learn I have to be brave and teach them.  We get all set up and after the 2nd cast Kaden messed his fishing pole up.  It wouldn't reel the line in.  I couldn't figure it out so we set it aside and he used my pole.  It was a great time to be together and just talk.  Sadly, we didn't catch anything but had a great time.



This week Elliot got to have a date and he wanted to go out to eat, get donuts, go to the park, and many other things.  We had to eliminate a lot and he settled for lunch and the park close by.  The date was originally suppose to be just the two of us but Mike was napping so I asked Elliot if Camden could come.  Thankfully, he said yes.  The only things we are suppose to do are have fun and take a picture together to remember.


The rain stopped so we could go have some fun.  

I am so glad I get to spend time with these kids of mine.  They are so different when they are alone and I learn so much.  In addition to the dates I have been letting the kids take turns during the week to stay up late.  Some nights it works and others don't.  They all want the attention and want to be included in everything.  It's also nice to have that time alone with them since Mike is at work.  If you have any fun things you do please share.  I love to hear new things and try them, especially when my things don't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment