Sunday, September 1, 2013

Fun Summer Outings

When Mike started working evenings I  tried to go out more.  We started packing up dinner and taking it to water parks close by.  The kids loved it.
   
    
Ever since we found out Home Depot has projects for kids they have loved going.  Even Camden started enjoying it.  What is it about wanting to hammer things?  Since it was me and 5 kids I made the older kids be buddies with the younger kids.  Even though I end up making Camden's project it is a lot of fun to see them working together.
 There is a park not to far from our house and some days when Mike is really tired (getting home at 4:30am) from work I pack up the kids and breakfast.  We go on a walk to the park and get some exercise.


Mike doesn't like Ikea's food but the kids do and we occassionally go there.  One day we didn't make it for lunch and since Mike wasn't going to be around we tried it out for dinner.  Tuesdays are free for kids and when I have gone for lunch we have to get their early.  I planned to go early and we were very surprised to find no lines and had our food right at 5.

We love the park.  We will be sad when winter comes.  It is a nice break from our daily activities.


I love my kids and if I had a choice my husband would be home after school.  For some reason the kids are a little more obedient when dad's home and it's nice to have dad around to help out where needed.  But when I am on my own it has been a lifesaver to get out of the house.  Fresh air does a lot of good.  I have kept my sanity one day at a time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment