Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Kaden is 8!

Kaden turned 8 years old Friday. I remember his birth like it was yesterday. I was having contractions all Halloween hoping he wouldn't come that day. He didn't but I spent all that night in the hospital waiting for my doctor to break my water. It wasn't my doctor's fault, but the hospital's for not calling my doctor until the morning. She was really upset. But aside from all that soon after my water broke Kaden was born. Every time I tell Kaden's story Elsie gets upset because she got denied her Halloween. She didn't know what it was until she was 3.

Kaden has celebrated his birthday over the last few days and was loving it. For his birthday dinner Kaden chose to eat at Famous Dave's. I was happy because I like the place. Mike ordered the family meal that had a little bit of everything. I told Mike we didn't need all that but I have to say I was very surprised at how much the two older boys put away. The waiter even brought Kaden a little sundae because it was his birthday and we all sang to him. Mike told Kaden it was his birthday dinner for the next 3 years. Kaden waited all day for Mike to come home so he could open his presents. Mike was running later than normal so I gave in and let him open some. The presents were the best part.


This is a picture of after dinner. Kaden ate 6 ribs, fries, beans, a muffin, more meat and ice cream. Yum!


Sunday for dinner we invited family over. Kaden had so much fun. 

Kaden chose a coconut cake for his birthday. I didn't remember when he had one before but after asking him more questions we realized he wanted a cake just like uncle Dave's. We figured out it was a German chocolate cake. It was so good there were nothing left after the party.

This boy is my absolute favorite Kaden. 
8 reasons why I love Kaden.
8 Kaden loves to play, not just play but get others involved too.
7 Kaden thinks of others. He often does little things just because.
6 He is silly, he loves to wrestle and play with his little brothers.
5 Kaden works hard on his schoolwork. He learned in 1st grade how much easier it is to get his work done first. He is getting really good at reading.
4 I love how Kaden draws. He has such a creative mind and great desire to make what he sees. He creates notebooks full of his drawings and shares them with others.
3 I love the excitement Kaden has about the gospel. He is very eager to get baptized and be a part of boy scouts. He is taking things very seriously and I love to see him pay his tithing and read his scriptures because that's what a disciple of Christ does.
2 I always love getting notes from my children but the notes I get from Kaden are when he's had a bad day or when I have had a bad day. He lets me know how much he loves me.
1 My favorite thing about Kaden is his hugs and kisses. I realized a few days ago my boys may some day not like the kisses and hugs I give him. But it always warms my heart when he has a hug just for me and lets me give him blow kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment