Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Rylan turns 7!

Rylan has been waiting a LONG time for his birthday to come around. His is far away from the rest of the kids. I think he scored really big on his day. Since his birthday fell on a Sunday we couldn't go out to eat but had the extended family over. I think he was really excited that a lot of the family came. 
This cake was Rylan's request. He wanted to help make it and frost it. He did a great job. He volunteered to put the sprinkles on the cake by himself. When I checked on him one time he had barely sprinkled any on the cake and was eating the rest for himself. I made him share more sprinkles.




As for birthday gifts Rylan loved everything. He got lots of legos, which he specifically asked for.


He got a great surprised from Dave and Becki. It couldn't have been better.

A whole stash of his own goodies! He had the food gone within days of getting it. Becki picked out all the things he liked. I was pleasantly surprised to see Rylan share his treats with the kids many time.

Boring old mom and dad gave him a new bike helmet. He wasn't too excited about it but really needed one.
After the all the cake and presents Rylan requested the candy cannon. Here is everyone getting pelted with taffy. 


To finish the evening off I just had to add the little present Rylan gave Kaden on his birthday. If you can't tell, Rylan is farting on Kaden. He has made it a signature move. I got some for mother's day a few weeks ago. He was concentrating really hard.

Having Rylan in our family has blessed us so much. I am learning and growing so much from this young man. He never ceases to amaze me. So the 7 reasons I love Rylan are:
7 He plays with his brothers. He loves to play with them. It's never the same when you're by your self. 
6 I love watching Rylan create. His mind is going so fast. He works so hard outside in the dirt. He has everything where he wants it and no one is to touch it.
5 I love how Rylan keeps on trying. Some times he cries, complains, and pouts but he gets his work done. I love how well Rylan's teacher disciplines the children. She gives double homework if it's not done the night before. Rylan has learned the hard way and has come a long way.
4 I love how concerned Rylan is for others. He is very mindful of others and tries to make friends or help others when they need it.
3 I love Rylan's smile. He has all kinds of different faces. Mostly funny ones but I love to see him truly smile. 
2 The way he knows how to help dad. Mike was building some shelves once and it amazed me that Mike didn't have to say a word to Rylan about what he needed. Rylan just knew.
1 The kind things Rylan does for others. He gets me things when I need them, reads books to his brothers, and cleans up things really good when he is determined.
HAPPPY BIRTHDAY RYLAN!
We love you and hope you have a wonderful year full of much joy and learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment