Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Pictures from Mike's phone: Reyen's birth and Rylan's arm

These are some pictures Mike got with his camera. I haven't even seen some of these. This one of the nurses sucking Reyen was really scary for me because she was my first child that didn't scream right after being born. She was in good hands



Here is my doctor and the kid's doctor ever since I moved to Utah 11 1/2 years ago. Dr Gina Cox. We call her Dr Gina because we are kind of related. She is my sister-in-laws sister. We see her at some birthday parties. We love Dr Gina and she has taken good care of us. She made it too late to deliver Reyen but just in time to meet and check her out. This is only my second baby she hasn't delivered. 
My first meeting and falling in love with Reyen.  

Since I had Reyen in the night by the time she was to be bathed I was up and about. When the nurse asked if I wanted Reyen to have a bow after her bath in my mind I thought "why, it's a boy". Then I realized that I did have a girl and she can wear those things. It didn't stay on very long but it looked so cute on her.


My mom was here when Reyen was born. That night Reyen was born, having my mom there to take care of the kids was the greatest relief to me. Of all that I could worry about it was what were we going to do with the kids. In the past we would drop the kids off at Mike's parents on the way to the hospital. I also didn't want to disrupt their schedules of school so it was a great blessing to have my mom there at that time.

Rylan didn't want to hold Reyen for the first time but you would have never guessed that he is always asking to hold her 6 weeks later.


This is Mike's picture of Reyen's face. She has his nose.


I forget when this picture was taken. Me and my girls.

This picture of Mike and Reyen is my favorite. I have a similar picture of Mike and Elsie when she was born. If I recall Elsie was more chubbier than Reyen.


Mike had pictures of Rylan at the hospital when he got stitched up on Memorial day. He got to watch a lot of tv that day.

Rylan now has quite a mark on his arm. The scar will be there for him to tell his kids all about him building great grandpa's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment