Saturday, April 25, 2015

Easter Weekend

This Easter we dyed our own eggs. Usually grandma Wilcox does it. This year I found something a little different to do. I don't remember ever doing eggs with the kids myself just for the fact that I didn't like the prep, mess and clean up. The Friday before Easter we dyed our eggs.This year I guess I got creative. It ended up being somewhat messy but the kids loved creating their own designs.

The kids mixed food coloring in shaving cream and then rolled their eggs around in it. The shaving cream looked gross in the end but the eggs came out pretty colors. I wish I would have gotten an after picture. Sorry. It was so fun for the kids they want to keep doing it.




Saturday cousin Greyson came over to watch (or mostly play during) conference. All the boys were happy to see Greyson and wanted to play with him. We ate lunch and had an egg hunt.



On your mark get set go!
For the older kids we hid their eggs high. Some were happy about that and others mad.







Everyone found their eggs except for Elsie. There was one left hanging out on the fence post. Elsie gave up looking and never thought to look up. A week later they played hot and cold looking for it. I could not stop laughing because they were in the right spot but didn't look up. It was hilarious, I literally had tears running down my face.The whole week we watched videos about Jesus last week of life and read scriptures. The kids really liked the videos and had lots of questions. It made Easter a lot more meaningful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment