Saturday, April 11, 2015

Our new car of 2015

Can I just say this car has been a great blessing to our family. Mike's parents gave us their van about 5 years ago. It sat in my driveway for several months only to be driven when  needed. I used my stroller and bike for most transportation. All the kids have learned to ride bikes quickly because of that. The car has worked really well for us and we haven't had major problems with it.  I am so grateful to my in-laws for providing us with transportation when I would have had nothing.






Since February Mike has been looking at cars. All  I wanted was a safe car that had a seat for everyone. Before he left on his work trip to California we bought a Yukon Delani LX. Mike wanted a car that we could take on trips to visit family and go camping. So of course it had to be big and able to pull a trailer. Our new car has the 3 things I have been praying for and more. The driver's seat belt works! The seat belt in the van stopped working. I drove around town only to have my seat belt come loose. At first it would go back in and then stopped working all together. I was always scared to drive knowing that if I got in an accident my baby and I would die. I didn't like driving for the fact that I didn't feel safe. Thank goodness all the other seat belts worked. The roof of the van leaked! Mike tried fixing the top, put sealant on it and had no success. The leaking has gotten worse every year. This last year it started leaking so much it leaked on me while I drove. I always hated driving in the rain. Our new car has no leaks at all, in fact it has a steering wheel warmer, and heated seats. Now I am very warm and happy to drive in the rain. This new car fits all the family! No more squishing together and we can now go far away from home not worrying if the car will breakdown. I am so grateful to Mike for the sacrifices he makes to provide for our family, our needs and so I can stay at home. I love the car except for one thing, it sounds like a truck. Mike said that's because it has a big engine, even bigger than our truck. Mike likes it and since he drives it more than me I am more than okay with it. Here's to many years of fun memories and long trips to see family we miss so much! It really is all about family!

No comments:

Post a Comment