Monday, February 17, 2014

Elliot is 5!

Elliot has been waiting for his birthday since November. He would ask "how many days until my birthday?" I gave up telling him because he asked so often. When it came closer to the day we made a chain so he could see how many days were left. He was very excited, so excited he tore off the last two days early.
The week of Elliot's birthday I hadn't thought about a party. I knew he wanted one but I hadn't done anything. Monday morning we laid in my bed at 6am and talked about who he wanted to invite. We ran to the store and picked out the things we would need. I filled out the invitations and on our way home Elliot delivered them. Usually Elliot is a little shy about things so I gave him a choice of having a sibling help him. Elliot wanted no help at all and was very brave. He was very proud of himself.

Elliot was so excited to have his friends over. Although he wanted to open his presents we did play some games.
Here is one of Elliot's favorite friends. He is almost a year older than her but loves to play with her and talks about her. One Sunday he came home and told me he played with Paisley's hair at church. I wasn't too concerned but was curious as to what he was actually doing. I talked to her mom and she said it was nothing big and Paisley enjoyed it.

Elliot requested a yellow circle cake with yellow frosting. He also wanted to help make it but by the time I got to it Elliot was in bed. He did help me frost it and told me what to do.




I love so many things about Elliot.
5 I love how Elliot tries to be a big kid. He wants to do chores just like his siblings and wants to be in the kitchen doing everything I do. 
4 Elliot likes to help out. He is a pro at finding Camden's shoes. He has learned to buckle Camden in his car seat which is a great blessing. 
3 I love how Elliot comforts Camden when he gets hurt. He repeats over and over "it's okay". It is so adorable.
2 Elliot has a love for cooking. He wants to be in the kitchen and always asks to make a salad. He is my number 1 man when I am making soup because he is such an awesome stirer.
1 I love how thoughtful Elliot is. He is always giving hugs and drawing pictures for people. 
Happy Birthday Elliot and hope this year is full of lots of joy and mistakes so you can learn more. We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment