Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Trip to the zoo

With the kids off track we were able to make it to the zoo on it's free day in January. We have been planning this for some time and when it got closer to the date there was signs of snow. I like the snow, but I don't like driving in it. So our trip was a maybe. When we woke up that morning we saw no snow and the forecast called for snow in the morning some time. We packed up what we needed and headed off hoping to beat the storm. It turned out to be warmer than we thought and only had a few snow flurries. It was the first time I haven't gone to the zoo without a stroller. I was very happy. Everyone had their own packs and it worked out great.





This trip to the zoo was a lot of fun mostly because all the animals were active and fun to watch. It wasn't too busy and we made it through the whole trip without anyone getting lost. I had a few complainers and fighting but what I count was on was everyone was safe. I recommend going to the zoo in the cold months just because they animals are more fun to see. Camden was having a hard time at the end but made it by holding my hand.


1 comment:

  1. Looks like so much fun. I've only been to the zoo in the summer time. Maybe we'll get there this fall. I have heard the animals are out more when the weather is cooler.

    ReplyDelete