Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Christmas 2013

December wasn't a busy month but the time flew by. The kids were in school right up until Christmas Eve. It was nice in a way that I could get my shopping done but I missed doing fun things. With Elliot and Camden older they don't forget many things. I couldn't shop for them so we asked grandma and grandpa Wilcox to watch the kids one night so we could finish our shopping. 
Decorating the Christmas tree was such fun. The kids can put it all together by themselves. The only thing I am in charge of is putting the lights on and making sure everyone has enough ornaments to put on.


Years ago I had the greatest plan. We would act out the nativity. Well back then the kids refused to do it so I made a flannel board one. Since then I have decided it wasn't worth the prep and hassle to force the kids to things so I didn't. And behold they wanted to this year. All were excited except for one. Things weren't perfect, but we loved it. Elsie made the costumes.


Every year Aunt Michelle sends pajamas to the kids. They love these presents and Michelle does an awesome job of finding things they like.

All ready for Christmas.

 Chrismas morning.
 The week of Christmas the kids came down with the stomach flu. Thankfully Mike, Kaden, and me were the only ones not contaminated. Christmas eve Elsie was up all night throwing up. This is as excited as she got on Christmas. She was feeling better by the evening but didn't enjoy her toys until the next day.


This is an apron Elsie made Elliot for Christmas. She made it all by hand. Elliot loved it but since then it has fallen apart. We drew names this year for presents but Elsie still wanted to get everyone something.


 Grandma and grandpa O'Dell got all the boys some kind of tractor. They loved them and couldn't wait to take them outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment