Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Elsie is 11!

My Birthday

 I've been off track for 3 weeks and so far, I've been reading a lot. 
 I got balloons and a pump to make things like flowers and animals.  

 I got waffles, whip cream, and syrup for my birthday breakfast. 
 I got three books from my aunt Michelle. The one and only Ivan, Moon over manifest, and When you reach me. 
 I got 2 piano books from my grandma O'Dell that I get to play out of.
When I got home from school my brothers had me open my presents. As the photo can show, Camden was very excited. And of my course my other brothers were trying to see what I got. 
I wanted to put my cupcakes in the shape of a soccer ball, but that didn't quite turn out, so I just put the blue ones in a circle with a white one in the middle.(the blue and white is for BYU )
 I had cookies and cream ice cream for my dessert. 
Here I am showing some of my balloon inventions. 
 The balloons sometimes are tricky and try to get away. 
 I have perfected how to make a wiener-dog. 
 My mom took this when I wasn't looking as you can see.
Reyen just loves to play the piano with her older sister. She is an exceptional player. 

written by:
Elsie

Elsie was really excited for her birthday to come. Every year at Christmas she counts down until her day. She has had a great year of 10. Elsie is growing tall. She is 1 inch shy of 5 ft, which she is excited about. 11 things I love about Elsie are:
11 Elsie is very good at the piano. She hasn't always loved it. Now that she is taking lessons from Grandma O'Dell she is growing so much. She volunteers in primary and is playing hymns from the hymnbook now.
10 Elsie tries hard on her schoolwork. She loves her teacher and loves to get her work done so that she can help other students.
9 Elsie likes to write. She has started writing stories and is thinking about doing a chapter book.
8 Elsie loves to make things. She makes bracelets, cards, and loves to sew and make treats.
7 Elsie is a great help with kids. She offered to watch the boys for us so Mike and I could go out for our anniversary. We took Reyen with us and went somewhere close. She loved it but the boys didn't. They weren't so cooperative and now Elsie isn't excited to do it again anytime soon.
6 Elsie loves pencils. I didn't think much of it until I noticed her stash. She likes to collect any pencil that is not the basic yellow. It is so funny.
5 She gives service. Loves to do things for others and offered to play the piano in church next month for the activity girls to sing. She is very nervous but is practicing very hard to make it perfect.
4 We get to go girl shopping together with no boys.
3 This girl likes sports. She hasn't played on any teams but loves to compete with the boys at school. Spinney got her some clothes and we had to go exchange some pants. There weren't anymore so Elsie looked at other clothes. She went straight for the exercise clothes and found some fun stuff.
2 Elsie is very thoughtful. She tries to help others. The other day she came and asked me if there was anything she could help with. Love it.
1 I absolutely love Elsie's smile and hugs. Even though she is getting older she still likes to give me a hug good night and have me check on her. Boy, I love this girl.
Happy Birthday Elsie and hope your year is wonderfully fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment