Monday, February 9, 2015

Great Friends

The weekend before Christmas my mission trainer came to town. I was so excited she got in touch with me. This women saw me at my worst on the mission. She is so loving and patient. After so many years it is still great to see her and her growing family.
The time we had together was not as long as we had planned. Because of that I made pizza ahead of time already to go in the oven. For treats I made some shortbread cookies we could all decorate and give to Santa on Christmas Eve. The kids even got in some tag in before they had to leave.




Here we are trying to get a picture right before they leave. Tears, laughing, and even refusing to be in the picture but it was so fun to be together.
There were 3 girls and 8 boys. I know now that if we had 11 kids this house would not fit us all. It was crowded and crazy. I loved it but don't want 11 kids of my own.

This family is amazing. They are travelers and I will miss them but will love to hear about their adventures in new lands. I don't know how they do it. I would be scared and stressed about traveling with 6 kids around the world. They are a great inspiration and maybe one day I will attempt it and afford it.

No comments:

Post a Comment