Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Elsie and Dad Campout

Two weeks ago Elsie invite dad to a father daughter camp out with uncle Dave's ward.
This was the first time Mike hasn't been working nights that he could go. Elsie was worried he wouldn't want to go but I told her she needed to invite him before making other plans with grandpa. She has been planning this camp out since last year. She had a list of everything she needed to take and has been saving treats to take with her. Needless to say, Elsie was very excited.

Mike agreed to go but then thought he could get out of the camping part if he took her on a date to the movies instead so he could sleep in his bed. I was unaware of his invite until Elsie told me about it. I smiled knowing what Elsie would choose. Mike lost. I told him it would be really easy because he would only have one kid and she could take care of herself. Elsie was so excited she got the pop up trailer all cleaned and ready to go.

The day of the camp out came and Elsie used a coupon she got at school for doing well to get drinks for their ride. She even spent her own money to buy dad treats. What an awesome daughter. Mike was able to get some rest that night because he let Elsie stay up and watch a movie with the other girls. They got to do some fun things;
a candy cannon
horseback riding
bb guns
movie
Elsie came home one happy girl. What an awesome dad she has. Mike was running on maybe an hour of sleep. I don't know how he does it except that the Lord has truly blessed him to be able to run on less than normal sleep on a daily basis. Boy, do I love this handsome man!

Maybe next year Reyen can go with them. She will be 1 year old then.


The boys and I had popcorn and watched a movie. Reyen didn't but slept really well and could have cared less. The boys were really sad they couldn't go. I don't think it was a fair trade off. Mike got one kid and I had 5? I'd gladly do it again to see these two smile so much. Mike's was more of a smirk but I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment