Thursday, September 4, 2014

Ogden Temple open house

I didn't know the Ogden temple was having their open house until Elsie came home from church asking if we could go to the dedication and open house. Kaden and Elsie have already gotten their temple recommends and are very excited. I didn't know if I was up for hauling the 6 kids around by myself but after thinking about it I decided I couldn't pass up this opportunity. The last time we went to an open house Camden was a baby. We have made it to the Draper temple and Oqquir mountain temple open house. The older kids remember but with them all being older I wanted them to have this experience.  I never had an experience like this until I was in college. I made arrangements and prayed all would go well. The day came and things were going well until I accidentally slammed Rylan's finger in a door. Not long after that Rylan slammed Camden's finger in the door too. That one was a good one. So good he will probably lose his fingernail. Camden was so hurt he claimed he couldn't eat breakfast or use the bathroom by himself. The world was ending because Camden couldn't use either hand and everyone was yelling. Satan was working really hard on us but I wasn't about to stay home if Satan was working that hard. We loaded the car up. You would have thought this hour drive was 10 because the kids were planning a lot of things to do. We were scheduled to go through the temple at 12:45 so the kids ate lunch in the car. It worked out good except I didn't eat. We got to the temple just in time and found parking close. We literally only had to wait 2 minutes until our tour.  That was a great blessing in itself. 




 The whole tour was very well organized and went smoothly. What a special and sacred place this is. The temple was so beautiful and every time I go memories come flooding back of when I went for my first time and the day I married the most wonderful man in the whole universe. 
Our only wish was to go slower and talk about everything when we saw it. I love going to the temple and being able to show my children and have them experience it was priceless. What an amazing thing to be able to share with my kids. They were well behaved and even little Reyen slept through most of it. She did stir in my arms as we were going through the celestial room. She must have sensed Heavely Father. I hope my children remember this as they grow up. We are so blessed to live close to the house of the Lord.


I wanted to get a picture of all the kids in front of the temple so they could remember this day. Some protested but we got it. Another blessing was it didn't rain on us. We drove through many storms and were afraid it would be wet. It was cool and perfect. 





Once out of the temple the boys were boys again. Honestly I don't know how none of them ended up in the water. 










On our way home we stopped by Spinney's to visit. It's been a long time since we have been to her place. We just don't travel north enough.  Reyen is attracted to the tv and watched some with Spinney.  Who could miss her big tv. 

No comments:

Post a Comment